The skin on the human body is regularly updated – the dead cells of the old skin are exfoliated, new ones appear in their place. The scalp is no exception. With normal hair care, dandruff usually does not appear, because all the dead parts of the scalp are washed off with water and shampoo.
However, there are also external factors affecting the formation of dandruff. If you find that white “dust” has appeared on the shoulders of your dark suit, then before you run to the pharmacy and buy expensive dandruff shampoos, try to find out the true reason for its appearance.
Dandruff can be caused by prolonged exposure to direct sunlight, soap on the scalp, inappropriate shampoo, or excessive use of hair styling gels, mousses, and varnishes.
Dandruff can be the result of skin diseases such as dermatitis, psoriasis, lichen, etc., and may occur due to overwork, nervous breakdown, lack of vitamins A and B in the body, and poor diet. Dandruff can also occur as a result of sudden changes in temperature and humidity.
Among the causes of dandruff is also a fungus that lives on each of our scalps. By itself, it is harmless, but when its activity is increased, in most cases this leads to dandruff. Try to avoid using other people’s combs, because it is through them that the active fungus can be transmitted.
How to get rid of dandruff?
Today, there are many different shampoos for dandruff. You can buy them at any pharmacy where they will help you choose the one that is most suitable for you. However, the price of therapeutic shampoos is often several times higher than the cost of ordinary ones. If you do not want to resort to cosmetic methods of getting rid of dandruff because of their high cost or for any other reason, then you can use folk remedies for dandruff that are no less effective.
1. Break two chicken eggs into a glass. Add two tablespoons of water. Wet your hair with warm water, then apply the resulting liquid to it and massage your head for 10-15 minutes. This affordable remedy will save you not only dandruff but also many other problems with hair, such as brittleness, dryness, and lack of shine.
2. A decoction of nettles. For a long time, people knew about the benefits of nettle for hair growth. Nettle contains many beneficial substances that strengthen hair. A decoction of nettle moisturizes the scalp well, preventing its excessive peeling. If you rinse your hair daily with a nettle broth, then after a few days you can forget about dandruff.
3. A decoction of lemon peels. If you cook the peels from four lemons for an hour, and then regularly rinse their heads after washing, then dandruff will not bother you for a long time.
4. If the cause of dandruff is a lack of vitamin A, then you can get rid of it if you drink a glass of carrot juice rich in this vitamin daily.
5. Warm olive or linseed oil can also save you from dandruff. During the week before bedtime, rub one of these oils into your head while massaging your scalp. And in the morning, rinse your hair thoroughly in the shower.